Global gold demand increases by 10% to 4,021 tonnes in 2021
- The World Gold Council (WGC) in its ‘Gold Demand Trends 2021’ Report has informed that the global gold demand rose 10 percent in 2021 to 4,021.3 tonnes.
- The overall gold demand during 2020 stood at 3,658.8 tonnes.
- Meanwhile, India’s total gold demand surged by 78.6 percent to 797.3 tonnes in 2021 from 446.4 tonnes during 2020.
Points to Remember:
- The global gold demand in 2021 was recorded at_______
- India’s total gold demand was recorded at ________ tonnes in 2021
- Gold Demand Trends report is released by which organisation?
- Headquarter of World Gold Council (WGC) – London, United Kingdom
Source: Business Standard, Business Standard