Government appoints Vinay Mohan Kwatra as new foreign secretary
- The Government of India has appointed IFS Vinay Mohan Kwatra as the new Foreign Secretary of India.
- Mr Kwatra is currently serving as India’s envoy to Nepal, from March 2020.
- He will replace current foreign secretary, Harsh Vardhan Shringla, who will superannuate on April 30, 2022.
- Kwatra is a 1988-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, having more than 32 years of experience in the foreign service.
- He has also worked in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office (PMO) from 2015 to 2017, as well as India’s ambassador to France from August 2017 to February 2020.
Source: Times of India