- Ministry of Textiles has extended the timeline for submission of applications under the PLI Scheme for Textiles till February 14, 2022. Earlier this deadline was 31st January 2022.
Some facts about PLI Scheme for Textiles:
- Total financial outlay- Rs 10,683 crore.
- This scheme envisages incentive for production of man-made fibre (MMF) Apparel, MMF Fabrics and Technical Textiles Products manufactured in India.
- The scheme will be in operation from September 24, 2021 to March 31, 2030. The incentive under the scheme will be payable for five years.
- The Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) chaired by the Cabinet Secretary will monitor the progress of this PLI scheme;
Points to remember:
1. Total outlay of PLI Scheme for Textiles?- Rs 10683 crore
2. Chairperson of Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) to monitor the progress of this PLI scheme?- Cabinet Secretary
Source: economic times