- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) has set up ‘new bank note printing lines’ at its Currency Note Press, Nashik and Bank Note Press, Dewas.
- SPMCIL is a Government of India-owned Miniratna company and is engaged in the manufacture/production of Currency and Bank Notes, Security Paper.
- In India, we have four printing presses for printing and supply of Banknotes. These are at Dewas in Madhya Pradesh, Nasik in Maharashtra (owned by SPMCIL) Mysore in Karnataka, and Salboni in West Bengal (owned by Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL)).
Points to remember:
- SPMCIL has set up ‘new bank note printing lines’ in which places?
- How many currency printing press are there in India?- 4
- SPMCIL is a subsidiary of?- GOI
- BRBNMPL is a subsidiary of?- RBI
- Chairman and Managing Director of SPMCIL?- Smt. Tripti Patra Ghosh
Source: Business Standard
|Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL)- Owned by GOI||Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL)- Owned by RBI|
|Two bank note press-
Dewas in Madhya Pradesh,
Nasik in Maharashtra
Four coin mint- Mumbai in Maharashtra, Noida in Uttar Pradesh, Kolkata, and Hyderabad.
In total, SMPCIL has 9 units
|Two Bank note press-
Mysore in Karnataka
Salboni in West Bengal