Gujarat Tops NITI Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2021
- Gujarat has retained the top position in the second edition of NITI Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2021. The first edition was released in 2020.
- Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are the other top 10 states in the 2021 index respectively.
- Across the Union Territories, Delhi has performed the best, followed by Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Chandigarh and Puducheery
- Among the Himalayan states, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, Sikkim and Manipur were at the top respectively.
- The Export Preparedness Index (EPI) is prepared by the NITI Aayog in partnership with the Institute of Competitiveness.
- The Index assesses the readiness of the states and union territories, in terms of their export potential and performance.
Pillars of EPI 2021
- The EPI index is based on 4 pillars
- Business Ecosystem;
- Export Ecosystem;
- Export Performance
- It further is grouped into 11 sub-pillars
- Export Promotion Policy; Institutional Framework; Business Environment; Infrastructure; Transport Connectivity; Access to Finance; Export Infrastructure; Trade Support; R&D Infrastructure; Export Diversification; and Growth Orientation.
Points to Remember:
- Which state has topped the Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2021
- Export Preparedness Index (EPI) is released by which organisation?
- Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2021 is which edition of the report?
- The Export Preparedness Index (EPI) is based on how many pillars?
Source: Economic Times