Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar announces Haryana Matrushakti Udaymita Scheme to support women entrepreneurs
- Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a new scheme for women, ‘Haryana Matrushakti Udaymita Scheme’, on International Women’s Day, to provide financial support to women entrepreneurs.
- Khattar, who also holds the Finance portfolio, announced the scheme while presenting Budget estimates for 2022-23 in Haryana Vidhansabha.
- Under the scheme, those women who wish to become entrepreneurs in any enterprise, trade or business, will be provided access to soft loans by financial institutions.
- Eligibility: Women whose families annual income is less than Rs 5 lakh based on Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) verified data will be eligible for the scheme.
- Maximum Loan amount: Rs 3 lakh
- Interest subsidy: An interest subvention of 7 percent will be provided for three years through the Haryana Women Development Corporation.
Points to Remember:
- Matrushakti Udaymita Scheme has been launched by which state for women entrepreneurs?