IAF woman fighter pilot Avni Chaturvedi to join aerial wargames in inaugural Veer Guardian 23 exercise in Japan
- India and Japan will undertake their first-ever bilateral combat air exercise named ‘Veer Guardian 23’ from January 16 to January 26, 2023 in Japan.
- The 10 days bilateral fighter training between Japan Air Self-Defence Force (JASDF) and the Indian Air Force (IAF) will be conducted at the Hyakuri Air Base and its surrounding airspace in Omitama, and the Iruma Air Base in Sayama.
- Meanwhile, the Indian Air Force woman fighter pilot Avni Chaturvedi will take part in the aerial wargames in the exercise.
- This will be for the first time that IAF woman fighter pilot will be part of the Indian contingent for the aerial wargames to be held outside the country.
- Squadron Leader Avni Chaturvedi, who is India’s one of the first three lady fighter pilots, is a Su-30MKI pilot.