India joins ‘UN 2022 Honor Roll’ with payment of $29.9 million in regular budget assessments
- India has paid its United Nations regular budget assessment for the year 2022 in full with a payment of USD 29.9 million on January 21, 2022.
- With this India joins ‘2022 Honour Roll’ list of Member States that have paid their @UN Regular Budget Assessments in full.
- So far 31 Member States out of 193 have paid their regular budget assessments in full as of 26 January 2022.
- Honour Roll 2022 will recognise Member States that have paid their regular budget assessments in full within the 30 day due period specified in Financial Regulation 3.5 (i.e. by 9 February 2022). By its resolution 76/238 of 24 December 2021, the General Assembly adopted the scale of assessments for the contributions of Member States to the regular budget of the United Nations for 2022, 2023 and 2024.
Source: Business Standard
Points to Remember:
- How much amount has been paid by India for United Nations regular budget assessment for the year 2022?
Assessments are made to UN Member States for the following:
- Regular budget
- International tribunals
- Capital master plan
- Peacekeeping operations