PM Narendra Modi Hosts First India-Central Asia Virtual Summit
- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi hosted the first India-Central Asia Summit on 27 January 2022, through virtual platform.
- It was the first of its kind engagement between India and the Central Asian countries at the level of leaders.
- Central Asian region has five recognized countries. These are the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan), Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Republic of Uzbekistan.
- The Summit was attended by the Presidents of these five Central Asian countries.
- The first India-Central Asia Summit coincided with the 30th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Central Asian countries.
- During the summit, the Leaders agreed to hold the Summit every 2 years (biennial).
Points to remember:
- PM Modi inaugurated which edition of India-Central Asia Summit in 2022?
- 2022 marks how many years of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Central Asian countries
- How many recognised Central Asian region countries are there?