India Observed 7th Soil Health Card Day on 19 February 2022
- In India, 19 February is marked as the Soil Health Card Day to commemorate the launch of the Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme, and create awareness about the benefits of the scheme.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme on 19th February, 2015 at Suratgarh in Rajasthan.
- 2022 marks the seventh year of the launch of the SHC Scheme.
- Purpose of the scheme is to issue soil health cards to farmers every two years so as to provide a basis to address nutritional deficiencies in soil. The scheme ensures additional income to farmers by an increase in yields and it also promotes sustainable farming.
Points to Remember:
- When is the Soil Health Card Day observed in India?
- 2022 marks which edition of Soil Health Card Day?
- Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme was launched in which year?
- Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme was launched from which place by PM Modi?
- Under Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme, the soil health card is provided to farmers after a gap of how many years?