World Day of Social Justice: 20 February
- The World Day of Social Justice is observed on February 20 every year since 2009.
- The day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 2007 under the leadership of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Recognize the need to promote and tackle issues of social justice such as poverty, exclusion, gender equality, unemployment, human rights, and social protections
- Focus on the goal of achieving full employment and support for social integration.
- Encourage people to look at how social justice affects poverty eradication.
- 2022 Theme: “Achieving Social Justice through Formal Employment”.
Points to Remember:
- When is the World Day of Social Justice observed?
- Theme 2022?