Indian Economist Jayati Ghosh named as member of UN’s Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism
- The United Nations (UN) Secretary General Antonio Guterres has announced the appointment of Indian development economist Jayati Ghosh as a member of UN’s newly established Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism.
- The 12-member high-level advisory board on effective multilateralism will be co-chaired by former Liberian president and Nobel laureate Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and former Swedish prime minister Stefan Lofven.
- Ghosh (66) is a Professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- It must be noted that Ghosh is also a member of the UN’s high-level Advisory Board on Economic and Social Affairs.
Points to Remember:
- Which Indian economist has been named as member of UN’s Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism?
- Total number of members on the Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism?
Source: Business Standard