Indian GM S L Narayanan wins Grandiscacchi Cattolica International Open Chess Tournament
- In Chess, Indian Grandmaster S L Narayanan was declared the winner in the Grandiscacchi Cattolica International Open, held in Italy on March 08, 2022.
- Meanwhile his compatriot R Praggnanandhaa came second.
- Though Narayanan and six others, including Praggnanandhaa, finished equal first with 6.5 points after nine rounds. But, Narayanan took the top spot on the basis of a better tie-break score.
- The 24-year old S L Narayanan from Thiruvananthapuram, earned the title of Grandmaster in 2015 and is the 41st Grandmaster from India.
Points to Remember:
- S L Narayanan is from which sports?
- He is which number of Indian GM
- he hails from which state/city?
Source: Sports Star