Indian official Aprajita Sharrma appointed as Vice Chairperson of Council Standing Committee on Administration and Management of ITU
- Aprajita Sharrma, an Indian Post & Telecom Account and Finance (IP&TAF) Service officer from 1995 batch, has been appointed as the vice-chairperson of Council Standing Committee on Administration and Management of International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Aprajita Sharrma will remain as vice chair for the years 2023 and 2024. After that she will assume the role of Chairperson for the years 2025 and 2026.
- The decision was taken at the ITU Council meetings held at Geneva from March 21 to 31, 2022.
- Ms Aprajita is currently posted as Deputy Director General (DDG), Budget and Public Enterprise Finance in Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India.
- ITU Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland