Skip to content
- Daily News
- Indian Weightlifters Sanket Sargar wins silver medal, P. Gururaja bags bronze at 2022 Birmingham CWG
Indian Weightlifters Sanket Sargar wins silver medal, P. Gururaja bags bronze at 2022 Birmingham CWG
- Indian weightlifter Sanket Mahadev Sargar helped India to get its first medal at the 2022 Commonwealth Games (CWG), by claiming silver in the men’s 55kg category on July 30, 2022.
- The 21-year-old lifted a total of 248kg (113kg+135kg) to finish second.
- Mohamad Aniq of Malaysia lifted 249kg (107kg+142kg) to win the gold and Dilanka Isuru Kumara of Sri Lanka lifted 225kg (105kg+120kg) to claim the bronze medal.
- Apart from this, Weightlifter Gururaja Poojary bagged a bronze medal in the men’s 61-kg category to get the second medal for the country.
- Gururaja lifted a total of 269kg (118kg+151kg) to finish third.
- Gold was won by Malaysia’s Aznil Bin Bidin Muhamad with a lift of 285kg (127+158).
- Morea Baru of Papua New Guinea bagged silver with a total lift of 273kg (121+152).