PM Modi dedicates and lays foundation stone of various green energy projects of NTPC and launches Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme of Power Ministry
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme, the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Power, via videoconferencing on July 30, 2022.
- The launch of the scheme was a part of the six-day programme ‘Ujjwal Bharat Ujjwal Bhavishya – Power @2047’ of the Ministry of Power, organised to showcase the transformation in the power sector achieved in the last eight years, and to commemorate ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ .
- Objective of Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme: improve operational efficiencies and financial sustainability of the Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) and power departments.
- Total outlay to implement the scheme: Over Rs 3 lakh crore rupees.
- Time duration : 5 years from Financial Year 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- Key feature : DISCOMs will get financial assistance for modernization and strengthening of distribution infrastructure, with focus on the improvement of the reliability and quality of supply to end consumers.
- Among other things, PM Modi dedicated and laid the foundation stone of various green energy projects of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited worth over Rs 5,200 crore.
- He also inaugurated 100 Mega Watt-MW Ramagundam Floating Solar Project in Telangana and the 92 MW Kayamkulam Floating Solar Project in Kerala.
- Foundation stone was laid for the 735 MW Nokh Solar Project in Rajasthan, Green Hydrogen Mobility Project in Leh and Kawas Green Hydrogen Blending with Natural Gas project in Gujarat.
- Additionally, the national solar rooftop portal was also launched by our PM Modi. This portal will enable online tracking of the process of installation of rooftop solar plants, right from registering the applications to release of subsidies in residential consumers’ bank accounts after installation and inspection of the plant.
Source: Business Standard