India’s GDP to decline to 6.1%, while Global GDP to fall to 2.9% in 2023: IMF Report
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has released its latest World Economic Outlook report, according to which the economic growth of India is expected to decline from 6.8 percent in 2022 to 6.1 percent in 2023.
- However, in 2024 India’s GDP is projected to rise to 6.8 percent.
- IMF’s latest report also revealed that the global economic growth is projected to fall from an estimated 3.4 percent in 2022 to 2.9 percent in 2023.
- However in 2024, the global economic growth is estimated to rise to 3.1 percent.
Points to Remember:
- GDP growth rate of India in 2023 and 2024 as per IMF
- Global growth rate estimate in 2023 and 2024 by IMF
- IMF headquarter: Washington D.C.
- IMF Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva