Skip to content
National Youth Day: 12 January
- In India, the National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January annually.
- Purpose: to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- The day was declared by the Government of India in 1984.
- The event was first celebrated in 1985.
- In 2023, we are observing 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand, who was born on 12 January 1863.
- The theme for National Youth Day 2023 is ‘Viksit Yuva Viksit Bharat‘.
- The theme signifies that if the youth of India is leading on a path of development then only India can be developed.