International Day of Human Fraternity: 04 February
- The ‘International Day of Human Fraternity’ is celebrated across the world on 4th February.
- The first International Day of Human Fraternity was held in 2021.
- Theme 2022: Human Fraternity in Action.
- The UN General Assembly adopted a resolution to declare 4 February as International Day of Human Fraternity on 21 December 2020.
- The day aims to raise awareness about different cultures and religions, or beliefs, and the promotion of tolerance; and to educate people that tolerance, pluralistic tradition, mutual respect, and the diversity of religions and beliefs promote human fraternity.
- The Day is a part of the ‘World Interfaith Harmony Week’, observed during the first week of February, as proclaimed by UN General Assembly in 2010.
Points to Remember:
- When is the International Day of Human Fraternity observed.