- The Jammu and Kashmir government has signed a pact with New Zealand for the transformation of the sheep farming sector in the Union territory of J&K.
- The year 2022 marks the 70th anniversary of the commencement of bilateral relations between India and New Zealand.
- Objective: improve farmers’ remuneration, transfer of technology in research and development, marketing and value addition of sheep products of Jammu and Kashmir.
Points to remember:
- J&K has signed agreement with which country for transforming sheep farming sector?- New Zealand
- Lieutenant Governor of J&K- Manoj Sinha
Source: economic times