Kilo class submarine INS Sindhudhvaj decommissioned after 35 years of service
- The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Sindhudhvaj was decommissioned from service at Visakhapatnam on July 16, 2022.
- This Kilo-class submarine INS Sindhudhvaj has retired after 35 years of distinguished service to the nation.
- INS Sindhudhvaj was commissioned into the Navy in June 1987.
- It was one of the 10 Kilo-class submarines, which India acquired from Russia between 1986 and 2000.
- With the decommissioning, now the Indian Navy has 7 Kilo-class submarines and 15 overall conventional submarines in service.
Source: Business Standard; The Hindu