Legendary Collarwali Tigress who gave birth to 29 cubs passes away in Pench Tiger Reserve
- India’s “Supermom” tigress, popularly known as ‘Collarwali’, has passed away at Pench Tiger Reserve (PTR) in Madhya Pradesh, due to old-age.
- It was over 16 years old.
- ‘Collarwali’ tigress was known for giving birth to 29 cubs during her lifetime, which is believed to be a world record.
- The official name given to the tigress by the forest department was T-15 but she was fondly called ‘Collarwali’ by the native people
- She gained Collarwali title as she became the first tigress in the park to be fitted with a radio collar in 2008.
- Madhya Pradesh also gained identity as a ‘Tiger State’ due to the significant contribution of this supermom.