Malaysia to host 4 nations for Bersama Shield 2022 military exercise
- Malaysia will host armed forces from 4 nations namely, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom in the annual Bersama Shield 2022 training exercise. Bersama means together in Malay.
- The exercise will involve sea and air drills, mostly in international waters but also in part of Malaysia’s exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea.
- The exercise, referred to as BS22, is conducted within the framework of the Five Power Defense Arrangements (FPDA).
Points to remember:
- Which country will host the Bersama Shield 2022 training exercise?
- Which countries will participate in the Bersama Shield 2022 training exercise?