Ministry of Culture organise PAN-India programme “Jharokha – Compendium of Indian handicraft/ handloom, art and culture”
- The Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Textiles are organising a programme called “Jharokha-Compendium of Indian handicraft/ handloom, art and culture” to celebrate the traditional Indian handicrafts, handlooms, and art & culture.
- Jharokha is a PAN India progarmme which will be held at 16 locations in 13 states and UTs, as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav .
- To begin with, the first event under this celebration has been organized in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh at Rani Kamlapati Railway Station, on March 08, 2022, which also marks International Women’s Day.
- The event in Bhopal will celebrate womanhood and the contribution of women in the field of art, craft and culture.
- Kamlapati Railway Station is named after the brave and fearless Queen Kamlapati of the Gond kingdom of Madhya Pradesh.
Points to Remember:
- PAN-India programme Jharokha has been launched by which ministry as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav ?
- Name of the PAN-India programme launched by Ministry of Culture to celebrate the traditional Indian handicrafts, handlooms, and art & culture