C-DAC Commissions “PARAM Ganga” Supercomputer at IIT Roorkee under National Supercomputing Mission
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has designed and commissioned a supercomputer named “PARAM Ganga”, at IIT Roorkee on March 07, 2022, under Phase II of National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
- PARAM Ganga has a supercomputing capacity of 1.66 Petaflops.
About National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)
- NSM is a joint initiative of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeiTY) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- The mission is implemented by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- The NSM Mission aims to build and deploy 24 facilities with cumulative compute power of more than 64 Petaflops.
- Till date 11 systems have been deployed by C-DAC at IISc, IITs, IISER Pune, JNCASR, NABI-Mohali and C-DAC under NSM Phase-1 and Phase-2 with a cumulative compute power of more than 20 Petaflops.
Points to Remember:
- PARAM Ganga is a type of_________? Supercomputer
- Super computer PARAM Ganga has been installed at which institute?
- What is the supercomputing capacity of PARAM Ganga?
- National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) is launched by which ministry?
- National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) is implemented by which organizations?