- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will celebrate the International Women’s Day week from 1st to 8th March 2022. For this, the Ministry will organize various events and social media campaigns related to women’s safety and empowerment.
- The details of events for the International Women’s Day week is given below:
|01 March 2022||The focus of this event will be children||Ministry will collaborate with Bureau of Police Research and Development to raise awareness on safety and security of women.
On this day, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) will also celebrate its Foundation Day. An exhibition by children will be on display and children will be taken on guided tour of the Red Fort.
|02 March 2022||Focus- role played by One Stop Centres (OSCs) in supporting women in distress.||The Ministry will launch the Stree Manoraksha Project in collaboration with NIMHANS Bengaluru. This project will emphasise psychosocial well-being and aim to improve the mental health of women in India.|
|03 March 2022||Theme: ‘Women of Tomorrow’||There will be panel discussion on topic like Young Women in STEM – Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions followed by #NariShaktiVarta Fireside Chat on financial literacy with the Union Minister of Women and Child Development.|
|04 and 05 March 2022||–||National Workshop with State Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCRs) on Contemporary issues pertaining to Child Rights will be organised in Bhopal.|
|07 March||‘Back to School’ Campaign||‘Back to School’ Campaign will be launched jointly by MoWCD and UNICEF India as ‘Kanya Shiksha Pravesh Utsav’, focusing on supporting out-of-school girls.|
|08 March||–||Nari Shakti Puraskaar and International Women’s Day Conference for Women Police Delegates from all States/ UTs.|
Points to remember:
- International Women’s Day Week?- 1 to 8 March 2022
- International Women’s Day?= 8th March
- MoWCD will launch ‘Back to School’ Campaign in association with?- UNICEF