Murali Sreeshankar wins silver medal in men’s long jump for India at 2022 CWG
- Indian athlete Murali Sreeshankar has clinched silver medal in the men’s long jump event in CWG Birmingham 2022.
- The 23-year-old Sreeshankar is the first-ever Indian to claim a silver medal in the men’s long jump event at the Games.
- He had the best jump of 8.08 metres to secure the second spot.
- Bahamas’ Laquan Nairn secured Gold with the best jump of 8.08 metres.
List of Total Medals won by India till date at 2022 CWG – 20
- Mirabai Chanu – Women’s 49kg (Weightlifting)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga – Men’s 67kg (Weightlifting)
- Achinta Sheuli – Men’s 73kg (Weightlifting)
- Rupa Rani Tirkey, Lovely Choubey, Pinki and Nayanmoni Saikia – Women’s Fours (Lawn Bowls)
- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shetty – Men’s Team (Table Tennis)
- Sudhir – Men’s heavyweight (para powerlifting)
- Sanket Mahadev Sargar – Men’s 55kg (Weightlifting)
- Bidyarani Devi – Women’s 55kg (Weightlifting)
- Likmabam Sushila Devi – Women’s 48kg (Judo)
- Vikas Thakur – Men’s 96kg (Weightlifting)
- Indian badminton mixed team
- Tulika Maan – Women’s 78kg (Judo)
- Murali Sreeshankar – Long Jump
- Gururaja Poojary – Men’s 61kg (Weightlifting)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav – Men’s 60kg (Judo)
- Harjinder Kaur – Women’s 71kg (Weightlifting)
- Tejaswin Shankar – Men’s High Jump
- Lovepreet Singh – Men’s 109kg (Weightlifting)
- Gurdeep Singh – Men’s 109kg+ (Weightlifting)
- Saurav Ghosal – Men’s Single (Squash)