NASA launches next-generation GOES-T satellite to track hazardous weather in western United States
- The US space agency, NASA, successfully launched the third in a series of four next-generation weather satellites, Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES), from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida on March 01, 2022.
- The satellite is named as GOES-T. Once the satellite gets positioned in its geostationary orbit it will be renamed from GOES-T to GOES-18.
- GOES-T will be used by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to forecast weather and hazardous environmental conditions in the Western Hemisphere.
Points to remember:
- GOES full form?
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) is a next generation weather satellite by which country?
- NOAA headquarter – Washington, D.C., United States
Source: Business Standard