IISER’s Physicist Professor Deepak Dhar becomes first Indian to be awarded Boltzmann Medal
- Prof. Deepak Dhar, the Emeritus Professor at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER Pune) has been awarded the prestigious Boltzmann Medal for the year 2022.
- Prof Dhar is the first Indian to be awarded the Boltzmann Medal, for his contribution in the field of ‘Statistical Physics’.
- He is one of the two physicists selected for the award. He shares the medal with Prof. John J Hopfield of Princeton University, New Jersey.
- The Boltzmann Medal is presented by the Commission on Statistical Physics of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), once in 3 years, for contributions in the field of statistical physics..
Points to Remember:
- Name of the winner of Boltzmann Medal 2022?
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research location? Pune
- International Union of Pure and Applied Physics headquarter- Singapore
Source: The Times of India