46th Civil Accounts Day celebrated on March 02, 2022
- The 46th Civil Accounts Day was celebrated on March 02, 2022, at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath, New Delhi.
- Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman was the Chief Guest at the event.
- The Civil Accounts Day has been organised every year by the Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS), since its inception in 1976.
- ICAS is one of the Civil Services of India. It comes under the Department of Expenditure, Union Ministry of Finance.
- As a part of the 46th CAD celebration, FM Sitharaman launched a major e-governance initiative- the Electronic Bill (e-Bill) processing system as part of ease of doing business and Digital India eco-system.
- The e- Bill system will be implemented across all Central Ministries and Departments to enhance transparency, efficiency and faceless- paperless payment system.
Points to Remember:
- The 2022 Civil Accounts Day has been organised on which day?
- Which edition of Civil Accounts Day is being celebrated in 2022?
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) comes under which ministry? Ministry of Finance.