- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has announced its plan that the International Space Station will be kept operated until the end of 2030, after which the ISS would be crashed into a remote part of the Pacific Ocean known as Point Nemo.
- The report released by NASA said that its budget estimate assumed that the deorbit would happen in January 2031.
- ISS is the world’s largest habitable artificial satellite in space and was launched in 2000, being managed by five space agencies- NASA (United States), Roscosmos (Russia), JAXA (Japan), ESA (Europe), and CSA (Canada).
Points to remember:
- When will the International Space Station be crashed?- 2031
- Point Nemo is located in?- Pacific Ocean
- ISS is managed by how many space agencies?- 5
Point Nemo is the location in the ocean that is farthest from land.