National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) & JBIC launches $600 million India-Japan Fund (IJF) to focus on environmental sustainability and low carbon emission strategies
The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has entered into a collaboration with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) for setting up a USD 600 million India-Japan Fund (IJF).
The JBIC and Government of India (GoI) will function as anchor investors.
The GoI shall contribute 49% of the target corpus. The remaining 51% shall be contributed by JBIC.
The Fund will be managed by NIIF Limited (NIIFL) and JBIC IG (a subsidiary of JBIC) will support NIIFL in promoting Japanese investments in India.
India Japan Fund will focus on investing in an area that is a shared priority that means climate and environment.