Centre notifies establishment of National Turmeric Board with focus on enhancing Turmeric exports to US$ 1 Billion by 2030
- The Government of India has announced the establishment of the National Turmeric Board on October 04, 2023.
- The National Turmeric Board will focus on the development and growth of turmeric and turmeric products in the country.
- It must be remembered that India is the largest producer, consumer and exporter of turmeric in the world.
- With the constitution of the Board it is expected that turmeric exports will reach USD 1 Billion by 2030.
National Turmeric Board Members
- The Board shall have a Chairperson to be appointed by the Central Government.
- Members from the Ministry of AYUSH, Departments of Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Commerce & Industry of the Union Government
- Senior State Government representatives from three states (on rotation basis)
- Select national/state institutions involved in research, representatives of turmeric farmers and exporters
- Secretary to be appointed by the Department of Commerce.