National Security Day 2022: 04 March
- In India, March 4 is celebrated as National Security Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas) every year, in the honor of the Indian Security Forces.
- The first National Security Day (NSD) was held in 1972.
- The National Security Day aims to show gratitude to all the security forces, including policemen, para-military forces, commandos, guards, army officers, and other persons involved in security, who sacrifice their life in maintaining the peace and security of the people of the country.
- It was on this day in 1966 that the National Security Council (NSC) of India was established by the Ministry of Labour, Government of India.
- Apart from this, the National Security Week 2022 is being celebrated from March 4 to March 10, 2022.
Points to Remember:
- When is the National Security Day observed in India?
- National Security Week 2022 has been organised from?