New Delhi among top 20 busiest airports in the world at 13th; Atlanta Airport tops
- The Airports Council International (ACI) World released the annual World Airport Traffic Dataset on July 25, 2022 to reveal the global air traffic rankings of the top 20 aviation industry for the full year 2021.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) has topped the 2021 Rankings with 7.6 crore passengers in terms of passenger footfall in the year 2021.
- From India, the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in New Delhi has been ranked among the top 20, as the 13th busiest airport. IGIA witnessed 3.7 crore passengers footfall in 2021, which is 30.3% more than 2.8 crore in 2020, when IGI was ranked 16th.
- The list of top 20 busiest airport represents 19% of global traffic (863 million passengers).
- The ranking provides a view of air transport demand across the world’s airports in three areas: passengers (international and domestic), air cargo (freight and mail) and aircraft movements (air transport movements and general aviation).
List of top 20 busiest airport in the world