- The total corpus under the PM CARES Funds in 2020-21 was Rs 10,990.17 crore. While Rs 3,976.17 crore was spent from the fund in 2020-21, according to the latest audited statement of PM CARES Funds.
- As on March 31, 2021, the Fund had an unspent balance of Rs 7,013.99 crore.
- The highest amount was spent on Procurement of 6.6 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine i.e. Rs 1,392.82 crore
- The Fund was established on March 27, 2020. PM CARES fund is a dedicated national fund with the primary objective of dealing with any kind of emergency or distress situation, like posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Prime Minister is the ex-officio Chairman of the PM CARES Fund
Points to remember:
- Total corpus of PM-CARES fund in 2020-21?
- Total amount spent out of PM-CARES fund in 2020-21?
- Unspent balance of PM-CARES fund as on March 31, 2021?
- Full form of PM-CARES?
- Chairperson of PM-CARES fund?- Prime Minister of India
Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund’ (PM CARES Fund)