- The ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)’ has been extended till March 2026 with an allocation of Rs 4,600 crore. The scheme is administered by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- The scheme aims for overall growth and development of food processing sector.
- In May 2017, the Central Government had launched SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) with an allocation of Rs 6,000 crore. The scheme was renamed as PMKSY in August 2017.
Points to remember:
- Full form of PMKSY?
- Old name of PMKSY?- SAMPADA
- Outlay for PMKSY till 2026?- Rs 4,600 crore.