PM-KISAN completes three years of implementation; Rs 1.82 lakh crore transferred in farmers accounts through DBT
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme celebrated its third anniversary on February 24, 2022.
- The central sector scheme was launched on February 24, 2019 to provide income support to all landholding farmers and their families.
- Under the Scheme, an amount of Rs 6000/- per year is transferred in three equal installments of Rs 2000 every four month, into the bank accounts of the farmers through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- As on February 22, 2022, the scheme has provided benefits to about 11.78 Crore farmers and funds amounting to Rs 1.82 lakh crore in various installments have been released to the eligible beneficiaries.
- Out of this, Rs. 1.29 lakh crore has been released during the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic period.
Points to Remember:
- PM-KISAN scheme celebrated which anniversary in 2022?
- How much amount has been transferred under the PM-KISAN scheme till date, February 2022?
- PM-KISAN was launched in which year?
- Remember the amount given to farmers under the scheme?
Also Read: PM KISAN Scheme