PM Modi Dedicates 2G Ethanol Plant to the nation in Panipat, Haryana
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation, the second generation (2G) Ethanol Plant in Panipat, Haryana via video conferencing on August 10, 2022, on the occasion of World Biofuel Day.
- The 2G Ethanol Plant has been built at an estimated cost of over Rs. 900 crore by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL).
- The project will utilise about 2 lakh tonnes of rice straw (parali) annually to generate around 3 crore litres of Ethanol annually.
- Five benefits of the bio-fuel plant of Panipat
- mother earth would be freed from the pain that was caused by burning stubble
- new systems for stubble cutting and its disposal, new facilities for transportation and new biofuel plants will bring new employment opportunities
- stubble which was a burden for the farmers, and was a cause of concern, would become a means of additional income for them.
- pollution in Delhi, NCR and Haryana will be reduced, and the contribution of farmers in protecting the environment will increase further
- the country will get an alternative fuel.