Skip to content
PM Modi lays foundation stone of Rs 450 crore International Cricket Stadium at Rajatalab in Varanasi
- Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of an International Cricket Stadium in Varanasi on September 23, 2023.
- The modern stadium in Varanasi will be located at Ganjari, in Rajatalab.
- The total cost of developing this stadium is estimated at Rs 450 crores.
- It will be spread across an area of more than 30 acres.
- The stadium is designed to have a capacity of 30,000 spectators.
- The thematic architecture of the International stadium in Varanasi is dedicated to Lord Mahadev
- The stadium shall feature crescent-shaped roof covers, trident-shaped lights, ghat steps-based seating, and Bilvipatra-shaped metallic sheets on the facade.