PM Narendra Modi unveils hologram statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate on Parakram Divas
- January 23 is being observed as Parakram Diwas in India, to mark the birth anniversary of the legendary freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- As a part of this year-long celebration, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated a hologram statue of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at India Gate in New Delhi.
- The hologram statue will be replaced by a grand granite statue of Netaji, once the statue is completed.
- The statue is being installed on 125th birth anniversary as a tribute to the immense contribution of Netaji in the country’s freedom struggle and would be a symbol of the country’s indebtedness to him.
Points to remember:
- Parakram diwas is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of which freedom fighter?
- The hologram statue of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bosehas been unveiled at which place? India Gate
About hologram Statue
The hologram statue is powered by a 30,000 lumens 4K projector. An invisible holographic screen has been erected in such a way that it is not visible to visitors. The 3D image of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose has been projected on it to create the effect of a hologram. The size of the hologram statue is 28 feet in height and 6 feet in width.
About Granite Statue
The 28-foot tall granite statue of Netaji will be created by Odisha-born Sculptor Adwaita Gadanayak. He is the Director-General of the National Gallery of Modern Art in Delhi. He is also the artist behind Gandhiji’s Dandi March statue situated at Delhi’s Rajghat. Gadanayak won the National Lalit Kala Akademi Award 1993.