- Bengaluru-based, Razorpay has acquired a majority stake in a Malaysian payments start-up named “Curlec” for a valuation of more than $19 million. Further Razorpay will acquire the full stake in the coming years.
- Overall this is the fourth acquisition of Razorpay and the first acquisition in a foreign country. Prior to this, Razorpay has acquired TERA Finlabs in 2021, Opfin in 2019 and Thirdwatch in 2018.
- With this, Razorpay aims to expand in the South East Asia region.
Points to remember:
- Which firm has acquired the majority stake in “Curlec”?- Razorpay
- Who is the CEO of Razorpay?- Harshil Mathur
- Where is the headquarters of Razorpay located?- Bengaluru
Source: Business Standard