Ruchira Kamboj appointed as India’s new Permanent Representative to UN
- Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations at New York.
- She will succeed T S Tirumurti.
- Kamboj is currently Indian ambassador to Bhutan. She is the first female Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Bhutan.
- Kamboj joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1987.
- Apart from this, she has also served as Permanent Representative of India to UNESCO in Paris and Indian High Commissioner in South Africa.
Source: The Hindu