Vienna’s Austria Adjudged as World’s most liveable city in EIU’s Global Liveability Index 2022
- Vienna’s Austria has been ranked as the most liveable city of the world among 173 global cities in the annual Global Liveability Index 2022, released by the Economist’s Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Denmark’s Copenhagen is second while Switzerland’s Zurich and Canada’s Calgary are jointly third in the list.
- About The Global Liveability Index : measures the quality of life of the people, based on the challenges presented to an individual’s lifestyle in the past year.
- The EIU’s liveability ranking 2022 rates all 173 cities across five broad categories which are: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure. Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable.
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)Headquarter:London, United Kingdom