Skip to content
- Daily News
- Russia successfully test-fires 10 hypersonic Tsirkon missiles
Russia successfully test-fires 10 hypersonic Tsirkon missiles
- Russia undertook test-firing of around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles from a frigate and two more from a submarine recently.
- This was for the first time that Russian authorities reported a successful simultaneous launch test of several Zircon missiles.
- The Admiral Gorshkov class frigate and Severodvinsk, a Yasen class nuclear-power submarine were used to conduct the test-firing.
- The longest possible operational range of Zircon is 1000km and can travel at a speed of Mach 8–Mach 9, that is 8 to 9 times the speed of sound.