Telangana declared top state for having highest number of ODF plus villages
- As per the latest report of the Central government, Telangana has bagged the top position among all other States of the country in having the highest number of ODF plus villages under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II programme.
- Telangana reported which is 96.74% ODF plus villages, which means, 13,737 villages among total 14,200 villages were declared as ODF plus, till December 31, 2021.
- Telangana is followed by Tamil Nadu (35.39 percent), Kerala (19.78 percent), Uttarakhand (9.01 percent), Haryana (5.75 percent ), Karnataka (5.59 percent) and Andhra Pradesh (4.63 percent).
- Jammu and Kashmir, Bihar, West Bengal, Nagaland, Mizoram, Tripura and Goa have been placed at the bottom of the list with zero progress.
- Under Phase-2 of the nationwide Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM), about 26,138 villages out of the 5,82,903 villages in the country have been declared ODF as on December 31, 2021.
Points to Remember:
- Which state has topped for having highest number of ODF plus villages under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II programme