Sale of 19th tranche of electoral bonds opens on January 01, 2022
- Government of India has approved the issuance of the 19th tranche of electoral bonds for sale from January 1 to 10, 2022 in view of upcoming assembly elections for 5 states– Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Goa.
- State Bank of India (SBI) is the only authorized bank to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its 29 Authorized Branches.
- What is an electoral bond: Electoral Bond is a financial instrument for making donations to political parties.
- Denomination of electoral bond: The Electoral Bonds are issued in the denomination of Rs1000, Rs 10,000, Rs 1,00,000, Rs 10,00,000 and Rs 1,00,00,000. There is no upper limit for purchase of electoral bond.
- An electoral bond will be valid for 15 days from the date of issue. The sale of the first batch of electoral bonds took place from March 1-10, 2018.
Points to remember:
- Which tranche of sale of electoral bond is open in January 2022?- 19th
- Authorised bank for sale of electoral bond?
- Validity of electoral bond?- 15 days from issue
- denomination of electoral bond
- In which year was the sale of first tranche of electoral bond made?