India chairs UNSCs Counter-Terrorism Committee for one year from January 2022
- India has assumed the chairmanship of the United Nations Security Council’s Counter-Terrorism Committee for one year, beginning from January 01, 2022.
- India is chairing this committee after a gap of 10 years.
- Prior to this, India held the chairmanship of the committee in 2011-12.
- In addition to this, India has also voted in favour of the UNSC resolution to renew the mandate of the Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate.
Points to Remember:
- Which country is the chair of the United Nations Security Council’s Counter-Terrorism Committee in 2022?