Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit appointed as first woman Vice Chancellor of JNU
- The Ministry of Education (MoE) has appointed Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit as the new Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on February 7, 2022.
- She is the first women Vice-Chancellor of JNU.
- The 59-year-old Pandit has been appointed for a period of five years.
- Pandit replaces M Jagadesh Kumar, who has been appointed as Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC) (Read Here)
- Before this appointment, Pandit was serving as the Vice-Chancellor of Savitribai Phule University in Maharashtra.
Points to Remember:
- Who is the new VC of JNU or
- Who has been appointed as the first female VC of JNU?