SC appoints Justice AK Sikri as Chairperson of High Powered Committee on Chardham project
- The Supreme Court of India has appointed Justice (retd) AK Sikri as Chairperson of the High Powered Committee (HPC), of the Chardham project.
- The previous Chairperson Professor Ravi Chopra had resigned from his post in February 2022, after being appointed as the chairperson of the HPC on August 8, 2019..
- The HPC would look after the environmental concerns and other issues related to the Chardham project as well as the cumulative and independent impact of the Chardham project on the entire Himalayan valley.
- Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri is a former judge of the Supreme Court of India.
Points to remember:
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the High Powered Committee (HPC) on the Chardham project
Source: Business Standard